Sample letter requesting support that netted over $10,000:
SUBJECT: Seeking sponsors or donations for the baseball
is seeking business donations
and sponsors for its baseball program. We compete against other schools
in Rocklin, Roseville, Sacramento, Vacaville, Fairfield, and Citrus
Heights. We usually have 50-100 people at our games.
Our school is located in .
The school is a non-profit organization. The tax ID number is xx-xxxxxxx..
We have a couple projects we are working to complete in
the next five weeks:
1. building a 12 foot high outfield fence and wall for the varsity baseball
team: about $3,000
2. improving the seating area behind home plate to accommodate more
fans: about $2,000
3. adding a scoreboard for the games: about $2,000
4. raising funds for uniforms and equipment (we need four baseball bats
and two catcher gloves for the players): approximately $2,000
We are looking for donations anywhere from $50 to $1000.
• Patron Sponsor: In return for your donation of $50 - $200, we
will advertise your business in our baseball program.
• Homerun Sponsor: Donations from $350 - $1000 will include a
4x8 foot sponsorship sign for the baseball field, in addition to other
Would you consider being a Patron or Homerun Sponsor and
making a donation to support this local community high school athletic
On the attached pages is additional information about
the baseball program, the schedule, and the athletic sponsorship program.